This photo was taken in Spain during a visit to see my mum.
It was a particularly misty morning and the scene reminds me of when Lucy met Mr Thomas in the story "The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe".
Below is a poem inspired by the photograph.
"as the mist lifts
and the cold creeps into my soul,
i am hoping you will come back
and disturb the stillness within my heart,
that has robbed the colour of my life."
© 2009 T.Gayle, all rights reserved.
Hi!
ReplyDeletei like this mysterious and poetic shot!
thank's for your visit
bloody hell, as usual your words stopped me in my tracks....okay, so I'm a little less eloquent than you lol!!!! have a great day xxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteAnna, thanks for your visit today and your comment - Have a wonderful Sunday!
ReplyDeleteSally, LOL - Thanks for your poetic feedback - have a blessed Sunday as well!
ReplyDeleteawesome photo and I like your poem to go with it. I am glad to hear you are visiting your Mum! I am glad you enjoyed the photos on my site of a very unique area of Arizona. I will have condors, red sand dunes, and plant life from this area coming up next. I hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie for your comment and feedback to my recent photo's. have great Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI immediately thought of The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe when I saw the picture, and then read the accompanying text.
ReplyDeleteLovely.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGarcon: I am glad that you saw the parallel as well. A classic story with that iconic scene.
ReplyDeleteMum: Thanks for your comment and its great that you liked the poem as well. The photo is a great snapshot of the story you just told, but also a metaphor of life. Have a great day. xXx
ReplyDeleteoh this is beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThe poetry definitely compliments the photograph. I find it amazing how love (the right kind) brings so much vibrancy into ourselves. When we are departed from that, the world seems dark and uninviting.
ReplyDeleteKeep penning your soul, release those inner talents.
the pic and the poem are great, im def following this blog from now on
ReplyDeleteYour these lines get me remember of somebody. Awesome yaar.
ReplyDelete