Sunday, 28 March 2010

The Flatiron Building, or Fuller Building, New York City

The Flatiron Building, or Fuller Building as it was originally called, is located at 175 Fifth Avenue in the borough of Manhattan, and is considered to be one of the first skyscrapers ever built. Upon completion in 1902 it was one of the tallest buildings in New York City. The building sits on a triangular island block at 23rd Street, Fifth Avenue, and Broadway, anchoring the south (downtown) end of Madison Square.The neighborhood around the building is called the Flatiron District after its signature building, which has become an icon of New York

2 comments:

  1. I love these New York posts, New York is such an amazing city, I want to go back so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your visit and comments... like you I Love New York City - It has such a n energy and buzz that I simply love. Hope to see you again soon. Trojan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails