Thursday, 8 October 2009

Violet Affection - A Poem - National Poets Day

Today in the UK is national poets day. Poetry is something that touches all our lives whether its through the music, film, popular culture and literature. Today poetry is being recognised today with a range of programmes on the BBC TV and Radio.

If you are a regular or first time visiter to this blog, I hope you enjoy this short poem I wrote today. You can also click on the poetry tab for more poetry written by myself and others.

Its called Violet Affection inspired by a photograph I took earlier this year.



I wish you was here,
sitting in this field of heather
purple haze, violet affection,
which holds so many memories
but alas, not everything last forever
only in dreams
© 2009 T.Gayle, all rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and, in the simplicity, lovely words. Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mum always puts it so well, of course!

    I love this; heather holds so much memory association with me. Your words say so much too.

    So, second time in a week I'm taking your work down to put in my 'little book'.

    Bless you Trojan.

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and the photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum (Gloria) - thanks for being the first to leave feedback. Glad that you like the poem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giles: its always a pleasure to receive your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have drop a really touching lines with a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails