Jamón, in general English parlance, refers to a cured ham from Spain. There are two primary types of jamón: Jamón serrano (meaning ham from the sierra or mountains) and Jamón ibérico(ham from the Black Iberian Pig).In Spanish jamón simply means ham, thus cooked sliced ham, for example, is called jamón de York (York ham). This is exactly the same as with the Italian prosciutto, which in Italy is any ham, in English is only dry-cured uncooked ham.
Below are pictures taken in Malaga, Spain

.jpg)
Holding two legs of Jamon
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
A pig nightmare - run Babe run!
All pictures taken by GCF
LOL...i daren't show this to Robyn xxx
ReplyDeleteAhhh... your comments are working! I tried leaving a few a while back, but to no avail.
ReplyDeleteAre you especially fond of ham, or jamon? My husband is a chef and pork is a favorite ingredient of his. My daughter regularly asks for bacon as a special treat. LOL! Me? I prefer sushi.
Thanks for your comments and i must admit I've missed your presence in the comments.
ReplyDeleteAs regards to ham, you may be surprised that I am a vegetarian! I eat fish but havent eaten red meat or chicken for three years.
I saw the hams in the Spanish supermarket and had to take a picture of me holding them up!. They don't sell ham like that in Britain so it was a new experience for me.
Sushi now thats something i could eat day and night!