Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Gherkin and the Church - London's Architecture Past and Future

30 St Mary Axe, also known as the Gherkin and the Swiss Re Building is one of my favourite Iconic modern skyscrapers in London. Its so different from the typical skyscrapers that you tend to see in cities and its unusual design and shape provokes move love or displeasure.

I really like this picture as it highlights London history, the past and its modern future. London never really stands still, but then again it doesn't sheds it past completely.

This building was recently opened to the public for the London Open House, unfortunately I missed the opportunity.

May be next year, perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. I'v recently done a series on a church in Denver and its modern neighbor. How does security feel about photographing buildings in Londaon....sometimes quite a hassle here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello MyVintageCamera - Welcome to my blog and I hope t see you again soon - I haven't had any problems taking photographs in London especially the iconic buildings. I will be popping over to your blog to have a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really unique and different building.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails