Wednesday, 18 November 2009

China Town - London

I would like to wish a colleage that I work with
a very Happy Birthday.
Today's post is dedicated to him.
J.Lek - Happy Birthday


Chinatown is an integral part of London’s history: haunt of Boswell and Reynolds, birthplace of the post office, first site of Ronnie Scott’s, host to immigrant communities from the Huguenots to the Maltese and now London’s vibrant Chinese quarter. The bustling Chinese community of restaurants and businesses has been here since the 1950s; however, the Chinatown story goes much further back – right across London and all the way to the Far East.

12 comments:

  1. Great post Trojan.
    Happy Birthday James, hope you have a wonderful day and year ahead. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear James.... wish you a very Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a lovely day.. much better than the start today... :o)
    wish you happiness and success always!
    Cheers Puja

    PS: Great idea Trojan :o)) very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr Lek,

    Please accept my best wishes for a very happy birthday.

    Cheers!

    Arif

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lek,
    I hope you have a fun day, all the way, with very best wishes. Massiah (The)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice dedication Trojan. Chinatown is one of my favorite places to visit here. Although yours seem to be much bigger judging by the photo. I love the atmosphere and culture.

    Btw, thanks for stopping by and joining my new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just spole to my step father who just came from livingin London his whole life and he says The Happy Hour and Chings in Limehouse on Limehouse ST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for the birthday wishes for my colleague James, he is really cool and funny guy. I often say that he should have his own show. I hope you had a great day James!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most places that serve Dim Sum don't take bookings - you'll just have to show up early and queue like everyone else! The best place I know of is The New World in Gerrard Place, just behind the Fire Station.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I`m sorry I cant give you any names, but generally away from Gerrard Street the restaurants get better! Gerrard St is the pedestrianised road through the heart of Chinatown and the restaurants here can be a bit touristy, with cold fold, and terrible service.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a massive kitchen under the cobbles, from which all the food is served, via a complicated series of dumb waiters. Its all the same....not particulary good and generally over priced, so this would appear to bear out in practice as well as theory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of Influence has China town had on the American life style?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails