Thursday, 30 April 2009

Capital Clean-up Campaign - London

On my way to work I saw the campaign at Trafalgar Square in London. I had no idea what it was or what its aims were, so thanks to the internet I done some research and found out the following:


The aim of the Capital Clean-up Campaign is to create a cleaner London through local action. Londoners are encouraged to get involved in the campaign by making improvements to the local environment, leading to a long term sense of ownership and pride in the area, from which we all benefit. The campaign cuts right across the cleaner, safer, greener agenda providing opportunities for all Londoners to get involved.


The wider objectives of the campaign are:

  • To draw on the resources of a wide variety of agencies and voluntary organisations.
  • To build on existing local authority services to make additional impact on local environments.
  • Link in with wider Government initiatives - Cleaner, Safer, Greener; the Anti-Social Behaviour agenda and the Respect agenda.
  • To increase awareness of local environmental quality issues and the impact on quality of life and well being leading to longer term interest and activity in maintaining and improving local environments.

http://www.capitalstandards.com/cleanup/index.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails