Friday, 8 May 2009

The Globe Theatre - London

The Globe Theatre was a theatre in London associated with William Shakespeare. It was built in 1599 by Shakespeare's playing company, the Lord Chamberlain's Men, and was destroyed by fire on 29 June 1613. A second Globe Theatre was rebuilt on the same site by June 1614 and closed in 1642.A modern reconstruction of the Globe, named "Shakespeare's Globe", opened in 1997. It is approximately 230 metres (750 ft) from the site of the original theatre.



4 comments:

  1. okay, yet another place in london i HAVEN'T been...i hope you realise your photos are making me feel totally inadequate as a Londoner!!! LOL!!!

    One day i am going to literally take a day and go and see this stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should go one day and take a tour around London Sights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!Thats the way I feel sometimes In ATL; a visitor LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eric for your visit, I hope you like the blog.

    ATL is a great city with beautiful buildings and a real sense of history. I hope to visit later this year.

    Trojan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails