What are your views on breastfeeding in public?
Should women cover up when feeding their children?
What about the furore that occurred when Janet Jackson exposed her breast at the American Superbowl a few years ago. Was it blown out of proportion?
Check out this short clip and feel free to comment on how it made you feel...
Bewarned it isnt for the faint hearted!
Okay. First things first... OMG and LOL! That was crazy hilarious! I would freak the funk out if someone did that to my coffee.
ReplyDeleteAnd now on to question number one. I have no issues with breastfeeding in public as long as you are fairly discreet about it. And when I say fairly discreet, just make an effort. I was waiting tables at an outdoor patio restaurant once, when I watched a woman pull her enormous breast out of her shirt prior to getting her baby out of the car and carseat. It was just hanging there as she reached in, unbuckled the baby, pulled it out, gave it a nuzzle and FINALLY put the baby on. She then proceeded to stroll about the downtown sidewalks with breast ablazin'. I have no qualms with nudity. It's just that we are a fairly prudish society and we should have a minimum amount of respect for what makes some people uncomfortable.
For the record, I also think that middle-aged, pudgy men should not wear Speedo bathing suits to public beaches. Or in their front yards. Or at all, really.
As for Janet Jackson's breast. 1. Who wouldn't like to take a peek? I mean really? And 2. Just give her a $$$ fine for breaking television network rules and call it good. Who cares?! I thought it was funny.
LOL...okay the video made me laugh out loud....having said that, a mums breast milk is for her baby alone lol!!!
ReplyDeleteIf a baby's hungry, feed him/her...its easy to be discreet, i've walked around Ikea, sat in resteraunts and shopping centres breast feeding and no-one even knew.
you can chose the right tops!
if anyone has realised and complained (even though you couldn't see anything) i'd simply say 'if you don't like it, don't look' and if they got offensive, told them to 'f***k off' LOL!
okay,a few kids may ask questions, which is fine, but why shy away from the most natural thing in the world????
yes, you can be descreet out of respect, yes, its easy to breast feed without stripping and waving your knockers about for all to see!!!
but babies need to be fed...simple!