Monday, 8 June 2009
A Hawk In Trafalgar Square - London
I took this picture on the way to work last week. I been wanting to take a picture of the hawk for a long while and I am really pleased with the results.
A hawk is flown daily on Trafalgar Square by the company Van Vynck as part of a programme to reduce pigeon numbers. The sight of the swooping Harris hawk keeps pigeons away from the area, as it is one of their natural predators. The GLA is now working with Westminster City Council to expand the area the hawk flies, helping to protect the wide North Terrace and its surroundings.
Labels:
ben big,
GLA,
Hawk,
London,
Pigeons,
Trafalgar Square,
Westminster council
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow, did you run for cover, i would have been terrified! xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat shot. A hawk in the middle of London seem like a rare sight.
ReplyDelete