Saturday, 5 December 2009

Remembering Someone We Lost - Happy Birthday Aaron

Happy Birthday Aaron - although you are gone your not forgotten.

Today I have posted a video recorded last year of our thoughts on remembrance.



I wrote this poem in the memory of the people that I have lost in recent years.
I wrote this from their point of view.

As I saw the tear disappear down your face
I realized at once
I was going, going
Gone
As I felt the warmth leave my body
Like a leak in my soul,
Slipping away, away from my grasp
I was going, going
Gone
Feeling your breathe
Feeling your hold
Is fading, fading
Please don't leave me
Gone
Distant voices I can’t hear you
Why can’t you hear me
Don’t go, don’t go
Gone
Floating away
Feel no pain
Peace at last
I now say good bye
I love you and I will miss you
Going Going
Gone
I realise that I live in your
heart and your memories
and it then I realise that although I've gone.
I still live on
In you.
Gone
Written by Trojan Gayle
© 2009 T.Gayle, all rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. Unlike me, I'm lost for words, thank you for posting this, I'm having a really rough day and this has made me cry, laugh and smile all at the same time.

    stunning, stunning poem xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails