You may be aware that in the United Kingdom, for the past three weeks there has been a number of revelations of MP's expenses claims. Due to the continued revelations of the corruption its has made it particular difficult to find a reason to vote. I cant vote for a party just because i have voted for it in the past and with all the other alternatives they seem just as corrupt as the others. So with this in mind I have decided not to vote.
The Alan Wheatley Art is a gallery is not far from where i work and I noticed a picture displayed in its window which captures my current view of British politics.
A modern gallery, located in the prime spot of St. James’s, offers diverse selection of modern British and International Art, with particular emphasis on Pop Art and photography.
For more information on this gallery please click on the link below
http://alanwheatleyart.com/home.php
The above picture is a good indication of the British view of our Members of Parliament (MP's) due to the expenses scandal and although this picture focus is on Labour, its would and should apply to all the main political parties.
I understand your reasons for not voting. In Denmark we also have an EU-election on Sunday, and I too have major difficulties about were to cast my vote. I've decided to vote anyway, but only on a person whose integrity I trust, and that might not be somebody I agree with in all things (or even most). We also have an election at the same time about the Royal succession. It will be changed so that the first-born always will have precedence no-matter theis sex.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris, It will be interesting to see how the parties do. The story in the UK is that the smaller parties will benefit at the expense of the larger parties.
ReplyDeleteI found it quite hard to vote as the main parties didnt focus on the issues and media outlets just focused on the ongoing expenses scandal.
Thanks again for the visit!