Saturday, 20 June 2009

Flowers In St James Park - With A Flower Poem by Emily Dickinson





I hide myself within my flower,
That wearing on your breast,
You, unsuspecting, wear me too --
And angels know the rest.

I hide myself within my flower,
That, fading from your vase,
You, unsuspecting, feel for me
Almost a loneliness.



- Emily Dickinson
From: Poems by Emily Dickinson Series One
Edited by two of her friends
Mabel Loomis Todd and T.W. Higginson

3 comments:

  1. A lovely poem and great and colourful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are stunning and together with the poem creates an aura of serenity. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos great colours and lovely poem

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails