Friday, 26 June 2009

Leadenhall Market - London

Leadenhall Market on a Sunday afternoon.

The market dates back to the fourteenth century. It is open from 07:00-late Monday to Friday, and sells fresh food; among the vendors there are cheesemongers, butchers and florists. Originally a meat, game and poultry market, it stands on what was the centre of Roman London.

3 comments:

  1. I love these black and white photos,
    it is like 2 centuries back ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love b/w and duotone photography. A beautiful picture, looks like something from an old postcard. So full of history. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your visit and comment.This area normally is busy with shoppers and workers during the week and yet on Sunday it was a ghost town.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails