This compelling exhibition features life-size portraits of some of the sport’s most iconic international personalities. Passionate in quality and intensity, they radiate freshness and a particular energy.
The exhibition runs from Monday, 17 August to Saturday, 5 September, and is open from 10am to 7.30pm, Monday to Saturday, and on the middle Sunday, 23 August, from 12noon to 5pm. Please contact the gallery or the artist if you would like to arrange a private viewing.
This is a great exhibition for anyone who loves football (soccer for those in America). With the start of the new season this exhibition come at the right time. For those who live in London, please visit this gallery.
The Royal Opera Arcade – (ROA) Gallery is in Pall Mall London between Lower Regent Street and Haymarket Street opposite the Institute of Directors and close to the Theatre Royal.
One for the boys in this house!!!
ReplyDeleteBeckham should be in a kit! LOL!
hope youre having a good weekend xxxx
Yes its one for the boys and the portraits are pretty good as well. I guess the Beckham picture was done during his days in Real Madrid. The Matador look is an interesting look. Any how thanks for stopping by and I'm having a great time in Spain!
ReplyDeleteI hate to put a dampener on things, and get all bitter, twisted, et cetera...
ReplyDeleteOh, what the hell, you know me, Trojan...
Why, oh why, are we heaping praise at the feet of these pampered little boys? Millions of pounds a day for kicking a ball around a bit of grass, which these idiot stunted adolescents then spend on grotesque cars, even more grotesque houses, and pantomime dames (a.k.a. their WAGS).
It's absolutely revolting, and a massive indictment upon our supposed society.
Whenever I think of these ridculous characters - pampered, preening, cretins that they are - I suddenly feel like I'm in some weird Lost in Space parallel universe.
Furthermore, I'm no Brian Sewell, but the art looks like complete s**t to me. The contestants in the Big Brother house could do better.
Bah!
Garcon! One thing I like about you is that you don't hold back. Tell them like it is! I take it you are not a football fan?
ReplyDeleteI've seen the portraits and they are pretty good. Although art means different things to different people.
What is sh#t to you maybe a masterpiece to me.
I would be interested to for anyone's opinion on this.
Thanks Garcon, your comments are always a joy to read.