In the U.K is today is a Bank Holiday Monday and in London's Notting Hill area, the Carnival is in full swing. Monday is traditionally the day the majority of people will go and get their groove on.
Below is a short poem which captuures what the carnival means to me.
Colourful costumes, spicy food and waving your national flags
A sea of people moving to a tribal beat
It's loud, sexy and so much fun.
This is what the carnival means to me.
This is what the carnival means to me.
For more information on the history on the carnival please click here.
E
ReplyDeleteN
J
O
Y
!
I've never been, in nearly 8 years living in London...
ReplyDeleteOh, and you're new blog header - love it. That view (where I work) is my home from home, and has been for the last 8 years or so. I absolutely love it.
ReplyDeleteJAM - Thanks for stopping by. I'm in Spain this year visiting my mum check out her blog - http://gloriacarringtonferrira.blogspot.com/ if you have a moment - I think you will like it.
ReplyDeleteAny how these pictures where taken last year and I had so much fun dancing in the streets of Notting Hill.
Garcon - shame on you! LOL how could you lice in London and not experience the carnival? 2010 you better be there! LOL
Thanks to you both stopping by!
....and Garcon thanks for your comment regarding the header. I must admit its one of my proudest pictures i have taken.
ReplyDeleteHi Trojan!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the last message,
"You have been tagged / check out my blog for details!"
i dont speack english without translate.google,
so I do not understand whether it is right or not to be Tagged and what to do next!
sorry....
very nice girl on the picture!