
The moon in the nights sky over South Norwood, South London. This is my first time taking a picture of the moon. I was inspired by a fellow blogger
Scottdale daily photo who has taken some brilliant shots of the moon eclipse, Please check out her site and see her wonderful pictures -
www.scottsdaledp.blogspot.com .
Very pretty the moon
ReplyDeletein his night suit
Thats a great photo
ReplyDeleteExcellent photo Trojan. It is so weird that I logged into your site tonight. I have been so behind the last month in checking in on everyone's sites because of work and travel. Tonight I made a commitment that I was going to sit down and enjoy some of the websites I like to visit. I just logged in to yours and there you are engaging with the Moon. It is fun to take night photos. I am learning so much this past year about night photos and it helped me take those solar eclipse photos. I am so glad for the entire solar eclipse experience. Thank you for the acknowledgment and good luck with more great photos.
ReplyDeleteI love the mood created by the moon and clouds in your photo. You are right that the eclipse photos that Julie posted on her Scottsdale Daily Photo site are remarkable.
ReplyDeleteMoon photography is tricky because the moon actually reflects a lot of light, and the tendency is to overexpose the moon because of the darkness at night. If you are zooming in on the moon, an exposure of about f 8 and 1/125th of a second should capture the light on the moon about right to see the features on the moon. An exposure that bright will not capture the mood that you achieved for the clouds, as everything else will be dark with a shutter that fast and f stop that high.
Dave and Julie, many thanks for your comments and very useful tips. I will be applying them when i take future moon snaps. It is always inspiring to get such feedback.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderday day folks as you just made mine!