Every morning all over the world, people go to work. It struck me the other day that the image of "going to work" isn't just the morning commute by car, train or bus. People wearing business suits reading the paper and drinking that much needed coffee. Or even reading your email, Facebook on your blackberry whilst listening to your playlist on your Ipod.
Going to work is about earning your dollar, pound or Euro (or whatever currency you earn) to make ends meet. It about paying for your mortgage, paying your bills and providing for your family. Something which is universal regardless of where you from.
The picture was taken in Morocco and shows how some in the rural community go to work - which is a marked difference to how I go to work.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThoughtful prose. A much needed wake up call considering many in the world do not have the luxury of mass transit, private vehicles or even the instant gratifications of technology. The next time I complain about salary and healthcare I'll remember this photo and many others I've seen of people working without these benefits. You should do a photo series on this. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteShe Poet: thanks for your comment and idea... I may do just that. Its sometimes amazing how small our world can be that we often d0 forget that we are indeed the lucky ones!
ReplyDeleteMum - I am trying a new approach matching my photographs with and interesting thought. Slightly more challenging - but hopefully people will respond to it positively.
Ladies enjoy your day!
fabulous photo. great capture
ReplyDelete