Saturday, 12 September 2009

Granada - Spain - A view of the Cathedral

As is the case of most Christian buildings in Granada, the Cathedral was built on the site of the former Mosque. The site of the former Mosque has since been replaced by four buildings: the Cathedral, the Royal Chapel, the Sagrario, and the Merchants' Exchange. 

This picture was taken on my second visit to Granada. On this visit I spent the day with my mum strolling the streets of this wonderful city enjoying its rich history. Granada cathedral like many that I have seen in Spain is quite stunning.

Based around the Cathedral are shops selling Moroccan arts and crafts, also a word of warning there are gypsies who try to sell you flowers, try to avoid them.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granada is really a beautiful place, I have never been there but i had seen many pictures and hear a lot about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum, we did have a good time and I think we done Granada proud during or two day visit. And yes we do need to get that "other top" !

    SEO Company - Granada is a beautiful place - I would recommend the bus tour as you can see the highlights of the city. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback, if do not you have have an account - choose the anonymous option instead. I welcome all comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great day. Trojan xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails