The day the world changed and the terror felt so close to home.
The Day the World Changed.
Terrorism has only losers
as no one really wins
although our loss of inncocene and freedoms are being chipped away
just remember the ones who have been lost.
Just remember and never forget!
© 2009 T.Gayle, all rights reserved.
© 2009 T.Gayle, all rights reserved.
The above picture was taken six months after the 9/11 attack in New York City. All over Manhatten, city walls had pictures and messages of people who was missing after the terrorist attack. Nine years later we should take a moment for those families who has lost loved ones in acts of terror - London, Marid, Bali, Iraq, Afganistan, Delhi amoungst others.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI was already thinking about the significance of today. How could I not? But then reading the postings on yours, your mom's AND Sally's blogs really brought the emotions of it all front and center. I think I knew that day touched everyone all over the world, but I never REALLY thought about how much. Thanks for remembering our (the U.S.) day of tragedy and terror. I think I'll post about it, too. XOXO
ReplyDeleteAlways admire the way you illuminate. Thank you Trojan
ReplyDeleteYes, the world certainly changed that day for everyone, especially the families and friends. This event I will never forget and images I have seen will not leave my heart. And briefly, we appreciated even respected one another. A shame life has reverted back to the former. I can only imagine the sullen ambiance of NYC and the walls of remembrance. Your poem magnifies the reflection.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mum, I agree totally with you. We was talking about where was that day and how shocked we were when we found out. Simply couldn't believe it. The level of man's wickedness reached a new level.
ReplyDeleteLove you too mum!
Erin, Good to have you back and thanks for the comment. Although 9/11 happened in the US, the victims came from around the world. Also we like other countries have felt the hand of terrorism. 9/11 is a reminder to us all that extremism needs to be fought.
Giles: welcome to Trojans Corner! Love your blog - posts are well written!
She Poet - been watching the remembrance events on CNN and BBC. and te feeling of that day still remains. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on 9/11 . Be blessed.