Have you ever considered growing your own vegetables?
Well I did and here are the so called fruits of my labour! I have some pictures to show you.
Above is my first pumpkin, its currently growing in my garden tree and below is my cherry tomatoes of which I picked last night and used for my dinner.
Growing your own vegetable is really easy.
I am currently growing carrots garlic, ginger, sweet chilli peppers, Scotch bonnet peppers and very soon potatoes.
You can grow all of the above vegetables in flower pots and they don't require much space.
The peppers can even be grown on your kitchen window sill or patio.
Go on and give it a try, its really fun, helps reduces the food miles, saves money and is great for the environment.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes mum, Very lovely and very tasty!
ReplyDeleteU should come help Nick and myself down the allotment...its way too huge a plot for us 2 to cope with....We did have some good results this summer though. Ur squash looks good.
ReplyDeleteyour photo is luscious and I have grown my own vegetables. I liked doing that at one point in my life. Thanks for your comments on my website regarding the slot canyon photos. I am glad you are enjoying them.
ReplyDeleteYes I have thought about growing my own veggies but unfortunately I have a black thumb....literally. I believe self-cultivation is healthier. Your laborious fruits are most divine. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteis growing ginger hard?
ReplyDeleteYah ! what Anonymous said?
ReplyDeleteAustin: Welcome to my little corner and first comment and your offer sounds great but I have a big enough garden to keep me busy for the time being. The pumpkin will soon to be ready to be picked. I will let you know what it taste like soon.
ReplyDeleteJulie: Good seeing you! Your pics as always are on point - Thanks for your visit and your comment - I've been loving growing my own vegetables and I about to start the autumn/winter veggies soon. Photo's will follow soon!
ReplyDeleteEric: Hope its stopped raining in ATL! Growing ginger is pretty easy so far....I bought some ginger from the supermarket and waiting for it to start to sprout. Once it started to sprout, i planted in compost. I will post a picture of it in a few days, showing my progress so far.
ReplyDelete